1-17-21 ESSENTIAL DOCTRINES-LESSON #13 1 Cor. 10:1-6 Pt-3
Theme # 3 – “I Would Not Have You Ignorant” – Godly Sanctification
Today, our apostle Paul Is still dealing with the third, “I would not have you ignorant” doctrine. The doctrine of godly sanctification (godliness or holiness) with emphasis on our Liberty, freedom aspect in Christ. Paul writes in 1 Cor, 10:6 “Now these things were written for our examples to the intent purpose we should not lust after evil things as they also lusted.
1. Now that we understand Pauline authority and godly edification, and we are clear on Israel and the mystery, Now Paul is again dealing with our attitude (mental posture, state) toward our sanctified position in Christ. How we ought to walk, (live) in harmony, agreement, alignment with His Holiness, to please God. There is so much in this lesson & I don’t have time to deal with it all, but the mystery of godliness spoke to me. 1 Timothy 3:16 (Read)
2. “And without controversy (argument, doubt) Great (amazing) is this mystery of godliness (for you and I being twice dead gentiles, dead in sin, and dead in the uncircumcision of our flesh (we’re headed to hell). But Now, each believer has the “spirit of Christ,” “the life of Christ”. We Gentiles have been justified in the Spirit we have imputed righteousness of Christ. That’s not all, Christ was seen of the Angels, and since we are His Body, The Angels are watching us MBOC. The church BOC was a mystery, the body of Christ was not revealed until Christ revealed it to Paul, So the Angels are curious what God is doing with us and through us. And our destiny our exaltation right now is to populate the heavenly places, and rule over the Angels. *When we realize the Angels are watching us in our daily lives That should change our behavior. They are watching to see how we use our position in Christ, our sanctification, our Liberty, to bring glory and honor to God. Godliness is in our DNA, our divine nature is on display, not only to angels, to men, before the world.
3. Saints the impact that we make down here in these mortal bodies is different from when we get our glorified bodies, WHY? Because we make an impact Right Now in the face of Satan and his principality and powers. Eph 6:12 “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers against the rulers of darkness of this world, and against spiritual wickedness in high places.”
4. And this is what I want to really share with you. Every time We fellowship, we are communing, interacting with each other as members of CBOC. *Every time we gather together for Zoom Bible study on Sunday, we are communing, bonding, interacting with each other around God’s word rightly divided. *Every Monday when the men fellowship, we are communing, bonding, interacting, studying, studying with each other as the BOC around God’s word rightly divided. Every time the women meet fellowship on Tuesdays, they are communing, bonding, interacting, studying with each other as body members, around God’s word rightly divided.
5. Saints Everytime we meet, we are putting on display before the angelic host, (especially the fallen angels) the fact that God has taken Satan and his principalities in their own craftiness, and spoiled them, and made an open show of them publicly, on the cross. Every time we commune interact with each other, the fellowship of the mystery is on display. Everytime we wake up in the morning, I Don’t know about you, but I thank God for extending the dispensation of grace one more day, one more chance, one more opportunity to put my position in Christ, on display. Another chance to make an impact for God’s glory my decision-making my walk. We are either going to send a testimony in the heavenly places to God glory and honor or an impact (testimony) that dishonors God and glorifies Satan . That is why our sanctification is important. That is why our fruit unto holiness should be thought of properly. Our attitude is on display everyday.
6. Paul deals with our conduct and behavior in Eph. 4:17 “Don’t walk as other gentiles, they walked in the vanity (conceit) of their mind. Having their understanding darkened, alienated from the life of God through ignorance because of their blindness of their hearts with uncleanness and greed. But you have not so learned Christ. Be renewed in your in the spirit of your mind and put on the new man which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. God like miss godliness.
7. Paul says put away lying, speak truth to every man with his neighbor, we are members of one another. Be angry and sin not: let not the sun go down on your wrath. Neither give place opportunity to the devil. Let him that stole still no more, working with his hands. Paul is teaching us to BE godly. BE God-like, In our conduct and behavior.
let no corrupt communication come out of your mouth, but that which is good to use of edifying that it may minister grace unto the hearers. That’s why we start every study by quoting Paul: “let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt that ye may know how to answer every man.” And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God whereby you sealed until the day of redemption. BODY MEMBERS listen up: “ all bitterness, and wrath (vengeful retribution), anger, clamour (noisy, shouting) and evil speaking be put away from you with all malice (desire to injure or destroy another). And Saints we saw all the ABOVE on DISPLAY two weeks ago as the flesh brought forth his fruit of death to the capital this nation. WE SAW: That’s what walking in the flesh Is designed to do! Paul is asking us to remember who God
has made us to be, and put our sanctified positions, out fruit unto holiness on display, BE kind hearted one to another, FORGIVING one another even as God for Christ sakes has given you. AND don’t give place (an opening, an opportunity) to Satan, lest Satan should get an advantage of us .so we are not ignorant of his devices. Be followers of God as dear children and walk in love, as Christ his loved us and have given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet smelling savour /flavor. And we want our lives, our impact our testimony just send a sweet flavor in the heavenly places, Before God and the heavenly host.
That’s why I Paul said in Galatians 2;20 -21 “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, BUT Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh, I live by faith of the son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. (21) I do not frustrate the grace of God for if righteousness came by the law then Christ is dead in vain. And remember saints, Be MINFUL, wherever you go, whatever you do, Heaven is watching & the mystery of godliness is on display.