12/27/20 ESSENTIAL DOCTRINES #10 K. Blades
ISRAEL & THE MYSTERY Review
The focus of our study today, is for us members CBOC to “not be ignorant” of the zeal, eagerness, the will of God for the restoration or the resumption of His program with Israel. For we do understand the fullness (completion) of Israel’s program is yet to come.
1. What have we learned so far? A. We have learned that God’s program with Israel has been suspended/interrupted, and God through Paul, has ushered in the new dispensation of Gentile grace that Is now in effect, until the fullness (completion) of the Gentiles become in. B. God has not been unrighteous to Israel. C. Israel is responsible for their own stumbling, through their unbelief!
2. But now, as we examine Chapter 11, Paul takes a turn, and is teaching that God has NOT change his mind about Israel. NO!! God is not done with Israel. For “when we read” in Romans 9:29; “the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.” in other words, God will RESUME His program with Israel, and the NOI is going to accomplish what God planned from the foundation of the world. “The adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises made unto the father’s still belong to Israel and will be realized.
3.WHEN WE READ: Israel’s Kingdom program is in abeyance today. but after the BOC is raptured, God will resume his program with the NOI. That will begin the day of the Lords avenging, purging, wrath that will be POURED out on God’s enemies, in the 5th course and the 5th installment of punishment, Christ shall not only be the Redeemer, and the Deliverer, and the Avenger, Christ is going to be the King and the Blesser and the NOI shall be given the Kingdom, God’s residence on this earth, fulfilling Israel’s program. NO Satan! you are a liar, God has not changed his mind concerning Israel.
4. The main take away, idea that Paul wants us believers to understand, and to strive for, is Gods attitude toward Israel, and God,’s zeal, eagerness to resume His Kingdom program with his chosen people. God is concerned with our attitude. God wants us to THINK about what He has done with Israel, and the dispensation of grace, like HE does. Therefore, Paul says be not high minded, be not wise in your own conceits, and YOU will have a healthy attitude about Time in this dispensation of grace.
5. On a personal note, as I study Israel’s program, (Solomon was right, “much study is weariness to the flesh”) it has become crystal clear to me, that to have a healthy appreciation for the dispensation of grace, you must have an understanding an appreciation for Israel’s program. God has a desire for us to know what he is doing, folks. We must first have an
appreciation for education. The education that God wants us to have in Israel’s program as well as our program
today. This is exactly what Paul meant of not being ignorant of this mystery. Rom. 15;4; For whatsoever things were written aforetime (time past)
were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. That is also what Paul meant, Ephesians 4:5; “Whereby, when ye read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery. ISRAEL & THE MYSTERY!
6. Ignorance of Romans 9 10 and 11 is the cause of much confusion surrounding what God has done with Israel. Especially in the religious community. WHEN WE READ: We find out God reserved to himself 7000 men who have not bowed down to BAAL. WHEN WE READ: God has a remnant in the ages to come who will declare: Jesus is the Christ and he has already come.
7. Paul is making sure that we understand that the dispensation of grace is a temporary program, meaning God is going to end this dispensation of grace at any moment, and the fullness of Israel will come in. The blindness will be lifted and the day of wrath will take place, and the Kingdom established, and all Israel will be saved & realize the adoption and the glory.
8. But Paul is still concerned about our attitude! In Chapter 11 verse 18, Paul says “boast not against the branches (the unbelieving Jews)”, Don’t be proud! That is the beginning of high mindedness, the beginning of becoming wise in your own conceits, and when you do this, you will fail to pay attention to the TIME. and when you fail to pay attention to the TIME, you fail to respond correctly.
9. Paul, our Apostle of godly edification, is urging us to KNOW the TIME!
It is HIGH TIME to Awake out of sleep: for now is our Salvation nearer then when we first believed, the dispensation of grace will soon be over. Solomon knew a thing or two about TIME!
“To everything there is a season, and a TIME to every purpose under the heavens. A TIME to be born , and TIME to die, a TIME to breakdown, and a TIME to build up, a TIME to weep, and a TIME to laugh, a TIME to get, and a TIME to lose, a TIME to keep, and a time to cast away. TIME! Eccl. 3:1. Paul is telling us:
TO KNOW THE TIME, the night is far spent, the day is at hand: KNOWING THE TIME, let us therefore cast off works of darkness,
KNOWING THE TIME let us put on the armor of light. KNOWING THE TIME let us walk honestly as in the day KNOWING THE TIME, let us have no fellowship with the unfruitful
works of darkness, but rather reprove them. KNOWING THE TIME, AWAKE thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead and Christ should give you light. KNOWING THE TIME, see then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise REDEEMING THE TIME, because the days are evil. REDEEMING THE TIME, be not unwise but understanding what the will of the Lord is (Rom.13:1)