11-1-2020 ESSENTIAL DOCTRINES
Lesson #2 (Review)
1. In lesson one, we identified the six doctrines of: “I would not have you ignorant,” written down by Apostle Paul. I want to highlight just a couple points. Today’s lesson 2, is a continuation of the introduction. I thought it interesting that five of the six doctrines are in foundational books (Rom-Gal), and this point cannot be stressed enough. Satan, our adversary, sees the value in corrupting the essential, (necessary, must have & know) foundational doctrines. Why? Because Satan wants to hinder and corrupt the member CBOC’s Edification (Spiritual education, growth).
2. We, “who rightly divide the word of truth” (2 Tim. 2:15), know some things! We know that Satan’s desire is, to keep members of the church, Body of Christ (MCBOC), children in understanding, immature, “tossed to and fro” with all sorts of corrupt doctrine (teaching) And above all, ignorant (unaware) of what God is doing in this dispensation of Gentile grace now in effect. “Q” Why are these six “I would not have you to be ignorant” doctrines so important? (# 1). Because God knew that we could not afford spiritually, to be ignorant of these doctrines, for they are fundamental, central, essential, necessary, for our edification. And not only that, but they are the foundational truths that the further sound doctrines, of Ephesians, Philippians, & Colossians, (the advanced doctrines) must be built upon. And (# 2). They are also the favorite doctrines utilized against us by the satanic policy of evil. His first line of attack, is to attack the message. How? by using corrupt doctrine (teaching). Why? To keep the believer ignorant and under Israel’s law program. And also blind to Pauline authority, and the Body of Christ, and right division, and the Mystery.
3. And the next point I would like to make is, that God has a definite design and provision for our growth and maturity as MCBOC. And we cannot afford to miss any of the steps. There is a reason that all of us have certificates of completion of the “Romans survey” hanging on our wall, there is a reason that we have certificates of completion of “Our identity in Christ” hanging on the wall, there is a reason we are studying the “Essential doctrines” for 28 more weeks. WHY? Because, God has a design, a blueprint, & provision for “MCBOC’s” edification (education). That is why I stopped teaching our Bible class, the “manifold wisdom of God,” of Ephesians. This is because I realized, by the council of a stronger brother, that I was in violation of God’s Design. How could I teach MCBOC about the “manifold wisdom of God” (Advanced, superstructure doctrine, Meat), when we had never gone through Romans? Justification? Sanctification? And I do not, in my zeal, want to violate God’s Design for edification.
4. God designed that Romans be the “first thing first taught,” in our lives as believers. Lay the foundation first. Paul told Timothy “the will, (the desire) of God is that all men be saved, and then (teach them) the knowledge of truth.(1 Tim. 2:4) God designed that we go from “milk to meat.” We must understand Romans-Galatian’s before we can move on to fully understand Ephesians-Colossians. AMEN!
God, through Paul, said: “I will not have you to be ignorant brethren,” SIX times. We have an adversary, and we cannot afford to be ignorant of what God is doing in the way of edification.
5. Ignorance among believers today is like a plague, a deadly virus like COVID-19, it is killing the spiritual life of believers left and right, as it was in Paul’s day. God does not want and cannot use ignorant believers. God has a design and has made provisions for MCBOC to be edified, educated. We do not want to copycat the religious system. We are called to be saints, we are separated unto the gospel of God. We are called to do things decently and in order, that is following God’s design, folks! Amen.
6. In Ephesians 4:11-14: Paul gives us glimpse of God’s design and provision for growth & maturity of MCBOC. (vs. 7) “But unto every one of us is given grace (unmerited, unearned, undeserved favor) According to the measure of the gift of Christ.“ Paul is saying, by God’s grace, He has given every member CBOC, the opportunity, and made provisions, to grow in the wisdom of God, and knowledge of the will of God, & spiritual understanding, in view of what Christ has done for us on the cross. God values and esteems the treasure of godly knowledge. “But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.” (2 Cor. 4:7).
7. Oh yes, I would not have you to be ignorant brethren, God always had a design, and He still has. And God has made provisions for our edification, (11) “And he gave (to the Church/ Body of Christ) some apostles, and some prophets (we know that apostles, and prophets, and All of the spiritual gifts have been done away with. Why? Because Paul has received the complete revelation of the mystery, so the word of God is complete, the Canon of scripture is complete. And he gave (TODAY) to the church BOC, evangelists and pastors and teachers. WHY? Romans 16:25-26,
8. “For the perfecting, spiritual (maturity, completeness) of the Saints. WHY? For the work of the ministry, and edifying, (building up through the doctrine, rightly divided) the BOC. What is the goal? Unity of faith (mutual), full knowledge of the Son, unto a perfect man. UNTIL, We ALL come into the unity of the faith, and the knowledge of the son of God, unto a perfect (complete, mature man), unto the measure (the dimensions, capacity), of the stature( status, elevation, altitude, height) of the fullness (the highest degree, the fullest extent, complete, well rounded, educated) in Christ. *This is God’s design and God’s provision for the edification of the members CBOC. That is why God through Paul said six times, “I would not have you ignorant, in the light of the design, & provision, that God has made for our education in Christ. These gifts (evangelists, pastors, & teachers) were given to the church to provide for our edification. To perfect us as saints, so we can fully know God’s plan, purpose, and design for the body of Christ.