ALL PEOPLE ARE SINNERS: and SIN SEPERATES US FROM GOD, making man wrath-worthy, or deserving of God’s anger, in the lake of fire. That is why Romans 3:23 says: “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God (righteous standard).”
- BUT WHAT IS SIN? Sin is every action, attitude, thought, & word that violates or fails to achieve God’s holy standard of righteousness. SIN includes lying, stealing, swearing & taking God’s name in vain. It also includes being unholy, unmerciful, unrighteous, unthankful, not seeking God, no fear of God, not loving God with ALL your HEART, SOUL, and MIND. (cf. Rom. 1:29-32).
- WE ALL HAVE SINNED! *WE ALL have character defects & we sin in our conduct. (Cf. Rom. 3:10-12); “As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.” *WE ALL demand our own way. (cf. Isa. 53:6); “All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned everyone to his own way;” *WE ALL have been rebellious, disobedient to God’s will. (cf. Rom. 1:20-23); Man knows there is a God, because God created man (put His DNA in man’s conscience). Man knows from the creation of the world, the things that are clearly seen (moon, stars, sun. every living & creeping thing), that there is eternal power & Godhead; so that man is without excuse.” WE ALL are driven by selfishness to do the wrong thing (unrighteousness). (cf. Rom 1:28-32) “And even as they did not like to retain (keep) God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate (corrupt, depraved, perverted) mind to do those things which are not convenient (proper).”Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, malice, envy, murder, deceit, backbiters, haters of God, disobedient to parents. etc…..Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such sins are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.”
- WHAT DOES SIN EARN? (Rom. 6:23 says) “The wages (payment) of sin is death…ALL sinners will perish (be destroyed).” (Death means separation). a. SIN earns PHYSICAL DEATH. Rom. 5:12 “Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.” = Separation of soul & body! Heb. 9:27 “…it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:” . b. SIN earns SPIRITUAL DEATH. Eph. 2:1-3 “And you hath he quickened (made alive), who were dead in trespasses & sins.” = Separation of my spirit from God’s Spirit! c. SIN earns the SECOND DEATH. Rev. 20:14; 21:8. Separation from God in eternal torment. (Rom. 2:8-9)
- CALVARY IS GOD’S ONLY SOLUTION FOR MAN’S SINS: JESUS CHRIST DIED ON A CROSS TO PAY THE PENALTY FOR YOUR SINS & MINE! Rom. 3:24 “Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption (deliverance) that is in Christ Jesus. Rom 3:25 Because you have put your faith in his blood (God now declares you righteous & your sins are forgiven, through the patience of God.
- Rom. 5:8 “But God commended (demonstrated) his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” Eph. 2:8-9 “For by grace are ye saved, through faith (in his blood): and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God.” 1 Cor. 15:3-4 “For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures.”
- ETERNAL LIFE IS A FREE GIFT: “Being justified FREELY by His grace.” “… the GIFT of God is ETERNAL LIFE through JC our Lord.” Because of Christ’s sacrifice on the cross for our sins., ETERNAL LIFE is a gift offered today, by God’s grace.
*TODAY IS THE DAY OF SALVATION: WILL YOU BELIEVE BY PERSONAL CHOICE & RELY EXCLUSIVELY UPON CHRIST’S FINISHED CROSS-WORK (DEATH, BURIAL, & RESURRECTION) TO BE SUFFICIENT PAYMENT FOR YOUR SINS?
YOU ARE NOW SAVED FROM THE WRATH TO COME & ALL YOUR SINS FORGIVEN. BECAUSE YOU HAVE PUT YOUR FAITH IN HIS BLOOD, YOU CAN KNOW, YOU HAVE JUST PASSED FROM SPIRTUAL DEATH TO ETERNAL LIFE! WELCOME TO ETERNAL LIFE! YOU ARE NOW SAVED & SEALED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT OF PROMISE UNTIL THE DAY OF REDEMPTION. A MBOC!
Colossians 3:1-4 = SEEK THOSE THINGS WHICH ARE ABOVE