Review # 5
Today is the continuation of the first doctrine of: “I would not have you ignorant brethren” concerning Pauline authority and godly edification, with emphasis on: “edification” (education, spiritual growth). That unique and distinctive body of doctrine in (Rom-Phi) which God revealed to Apostle Paul, to give to us, members of the church the body of Christ (MBOC) today, In the dispensation of grace, for our godly edification (spiritual growth).
1. The authority invested in Apostle Paul was judicially given to him by God. Paul was chosen to teach us, educate us in godliness, for what? So that we could think like God the father, walk like God the Son, and co labor with God, Holy Spirit in the details of our lives. Then we can send an “Impact” into the heavenlyplaces, that glorifies and honors God, and strikes fear into Satan, because he knows that we, the MCBOC are going to replace him, and repossess and restore order in the heavenly places.
2. In 2 Cor. 10, we find Paul in a familiar stance, defending his Pauline authority and godly edification. Paul’s authority and apostleship ministry, were constantly under attack by the satanic policy of evil (SPOE). And it is still under attack today by those in the religious system, who don’t recognize Pauline authority and right division. We see it all the time, churches on every corner, and tv evangelists preaching the kingdom gospel, another gospel, another Jesus, with another spirit, they are biblical, but not dispensational. Paul “marked them which cause divisions.” They are Satan’s ministers. (Rom. 16:17-18; 2 Cor. 11:13-15)
3. These carnal minded Corinthians were saints, but they had no desire for godly edification. They were being influenced by the satanic policy of evil, through false apostles, ministers of unrighteousness, who were teaching corrupt doctrine. And some of the Corinthian Saints (not all) but some were duped, hoodwinked, bamboozled, led astray by SPOE. These Saints were rebelling against Paul’s authority and causing some to distrust and deny his apostleship. (trouble, Satan was on the inside!). SIDEBAR: (If you have never read Keith blades book, Satan’s Plan of Evil, I advise that you do, because he lays out the 3 phases of
Satan’s attack upon the messenger that is bold enough to preach the mystery of Christ).
4. Rumors, innuendos, false charges, and personal attacks meant to discourage, and discredit Paul’s authority and godly edification. But (here is the good news) Paul’s authority was not given to him by man, nor was he taught it, he received his authority “by the revelation of Jesus Christ.” (Gal. 1:11-12). Paul was in a warfare, a battle with SPOE. What was the problem with the Corinthian Saints then? The problem was that they did not want to submit to Pauline authority. It is still like this today! Satan knows the value, in the body of truth given to Apostle Paul, in Romans through Philemon. He knows it contains the divine authority of godly instructions, godly education, the doctrine, position, walk and destiny for CBOC.
5. Paul had treated these Saints with meekness and gentleness as Christ would. Paul writes to them about the immature behavior and conduct, he is correcting them by doctrine, hoping that they will straighten up and get in line with godly edification. And to God be the glory, some of the Saints responded positively to doctrine correctly. But some did not! Some Saints preferred walking in the flesh, in Adam, influenced by the SPOE. They rebelled against Pauline authority and godly edification. And once you rebel against Pauline authority (like the religious system, and these Saints), you are rebelling against God! (And we have the Corinthian saints as witnesses, (that didn’t turn out well folks).
They thought Paul wanted to have “Dominion over their faith,” they failed to realize that he was sent to be a” helper of their joy,” teaching them godly edification. (Oh yes, we can learn from these carnal saints). The SPOE had these saints blinded, because they preferred their flesh, and rebelled against Pauline authority. They even talked negatively against, and mocked the local assembly being like a classroom to communicate the doctrine primarily. They didn’t know this was God’s divine design for edification. God’s design is for there to be a Local assembly in every community available to evangelize, and edify, and expand. “But the word of God is not bound.” (2 Cor. 1:24; 4:3-4; 2 Tim. 2:9).
6. Paul was growing weary of the attack within and without, so Paul writes to them in 2 Corinthians 10 chapter verse 3, “for though we walk in the flesh( and we do) we do Not war after the flesh” , we are in a war with the SPOE! And we are on the same side! Satan always attacks our minds, our thinking processes.
and Paul says, “our weapons, our warfare are not carnal (fleshy) but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds.” a stronghold is anything, any thinking, contrary to the word of God right legal divided, and Paul wanted the Saints to know, that when you walk in the flesh, when your mind is flooded with the strongholds of the flesh, you are controlled by the satanic policy of evil and you will rebel, and resist godly education, and this is exactly what Satan wants.
7. The weapons of our warfare are sound doctrine, and Paul was sent to arm the Saints with godly edification. Sound doctrine through the ministry of the Holy Spirit will “cast down” the evil influences of this world, and dark imaginations, vain philosophes, tradition of men, and wisdom of this world.
8. Satan wants our minds folks! (On a personal note, that’s why I don’t watch much TV during this pandemic, because TV is Satan’s number one contact with us while we are sheltering in place. Satan is sending subtle satanic messages of vain philosophes, traditions, and the corrupt political, vile wisdom of this world, directly implanted in your mind. That goes for while your sleeping! You will wake up with a Satanic stronghold in your mind, thinking crazy thoughts. Tune in to easy listening station.
9. That was the Corinthian Saints problem, they were ill equipped to guard against Satan’s attack of their mind, therefore every high, sophisticated and proud argument, exalted itself against Pauline authority and godly education, edification. And once that took place, they had “given place to the devil” in their mind. That is why Paul said “study” occupy your mind, feed your mind with sound doctrine so that the ministry of the Holy Spirit can illuminate God’s word in your inner man. (Eph. 4:27).
10. That’s why Satan hates Pauline authority, and hates us. Every time Satan sees MCBOC gather around God’s word rightly divided to study, he knows godly edification will bring into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ. When we study, we have the mind of Christ. Philippians 2:5; “let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus.”
11. Paul said in Ephesians 3:4; “Whereby, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ,” the body of doctrine that “brings every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.” “When you read,” God’s Word brings us into living union with God the father, God the Son, God the Holy Ghost. **Thank God for Pauline authority and godly edification, that was deposited in our Apostle as a positive role model, and as a pattern of godly education for us today! TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!
Resource: K. Blades
One thought on “Essential Doctrines # 5”
On Sun, Nov 22, 2020 at 11:15 PM Colman J. Gilliland wrote:
> Colman Gilliland posted: ” Review # > 5 > Today is the continuation of the first doctrine of: “I would not have > you ignor” >